Infant CPR should be administered to any victim under the age of 12 months. The procedure is as follows:
- Check the baby for unresponsiveness by patting his/her feet, shoulders or chest. Give 2 minutes of CPR before calling 911. Pulse Location - Brachial artery (arm)
- Circulation and compressions. Push down with 2 fingers(1/2 hand) ½ inch 30 times at the rate of 100 per minute in the center of the chest just below the nipples.
- Airways. Slightly tilt the head into "sniffer's position.
- Breathing. If the baby is NOT breathing give 2 small gentle breaths. Cover the baby's mouth and nose with your mouth. Each breath should be 1 second long. You should see the baby's chest rise with each breath
- Continue until help arrives.
Video used with permission of www.learncpr.org